The Arc of Virginia is a statewide organization advocating for A Life Like Yours (ALLY) for Virginians with developmental disabilities and their families. ALLY is simply a phrase we use to remind us that people with developmental disabilities want the same things we all want….A Home of our own, A meaningful Job or way we spend our days, and Relationships we value and depend on…these are the things that make up a good life, a life that everyone deserves.
Team members of The Arc of Virginia are Allies with people with developmental disabilities in advocating for public policy that empowers people to live the lives they choose, and in supporting individuals and families in their journeys to get the support and services they need.
The Arc of Virginia is seeking an Associate Director to partner with people with disabilities, their families and The Arc of Virginia team to develop, plan and advocate for Public Policy and System Change that supports inclusion and opportunity for Virginians with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
This position will work to develop and plan a Legislative Agenda, mobilize our network of advocates, collaborate with state agencies on systems change work, and develop and support initiatives that build communities and empower people with disabilities and their families.
Requirements for Applicants: Candidates must have a demonstrated commitment to the principles of Inclusion, a strong Work Ethic, and a fierce passion for fighting for the Equal Rights of people with developmental disabilities.
Candidates must demonstrate skills in coalition building and have a proven track record of deliberate and organized project planning and implementation. The right candidate will be committed to supporting the authentic voices of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field, or equivalent experience that would prepare them for the roles of this position;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the Disabililty System with expertise in intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Senior or Organizational Roles within the Disability System
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Federal Home and Community Based Services, Medicaid, Vocational Rehabilitation, Social Security and relevant systems.
- Experience in program/project development and implementation.
- Experience or understanding of Public Policy and its impact on systems
- Must be proficient in technology and able to master online systems, software and programs easily
Location: The Arc of VA is statewide with its base in Richmond. Telework is allowed and negotiated at hire. Travel to Richmond for in person meetings will be required, as well as potential travel within the state a few times per year.
$70k - $75k
Health, Dental, Vision Available
If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]