Individuals and Family Support Program (IFSP) – Update July 7, 2014.
The Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS) has released an update stating applications will be mailed to those on the waiting list on August 1, 2014. The application will also be available online on the DBHDS website. The link on their website will be called “IFSP Application”. For more information: click here.
In order to meet demand and process applications in a timelier manner, IFSP funding will now have two funding periods. The first funding period will start September 15, 2014 (P1). Funding for this period will cover funding for supports and services that are required by individuals and families for a one year time period of September 15, 2014 through September 14, 2015. The second funding period will take place March 15, 2015(P2). Funds for the second period will cover services and supports for March 15, 2015 through March 14, 2016. It is requested that those wishing to ask for funding for summer camps wait until the second funding cycle to submit their requests. Funds for the program will be evenly split between the two funding periods. The cap for IFSP funding remains at $3,000, so families may request funding during each cycle if the amounts for each period together do not exceed $3,000. Additional guidance material will be posted on the DBHDS website shortly.
The Individual and Family Support Program assists individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their family members currently on the waiting list for the Intellectual Disability Waiver (ID) or the Individual and Family Developmental Disabilities Supports Waiver (DD).
The assistance is provided to support and maintain individuals ability to remain in their own/family home.
- This program will provide funding for services needed by the individual.
- Funds will be provided on a first come first serve basis through an application process.
- All individuals on ID/DD waiver waiting lists will be mailed an application.
- An individual is eligible if they currently receive the EDCD, Day Support or Technology Assisted Waivers.
- 1000 families will be funded each year, up to $3,000 will be available per person per year.
- Respite, transportation services, behavioral consultation, and behavior management.
- Assistive technology and home modifications, goods or products that directly support the individual.
- Temporary rental assistance or deposits.
- Fees for summer camp and other recreation service.
- Temporary assistance with utilities or deposits.
- Dental or medical expenses of the individual.
- Family education, information, and training.