Update, October 4, 2013
ANNOUNCEMENT: DBHDS has received over 1,600 applications for the FY14 Individual and Family Support Program since September 3, 2013. Because of the large volume of applications, DBHDS is no longer accepting applications. Individuals and families whose applications have already been received can expect to hear a response from DBHDS on the status of their application in December. Applications received after October 4, 2013 will be notified that the program has exhausted its funds and to please reapply again next year.
The Individual and Family Support Program assists individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their family members currently on the waiting list for the Intellectual Disability Waiver (ID) or the Individual and Family Developmental Disabilities Supports Waiver (DD).
The assistance is provided to support and maintain individuals ability to remain in their own/family home.
- This program will provide funding for services needed by the individual.
- Funds will be provided on a first come first serve basis through an application process.
- All individuals on ID/DD waiver waiting lists will be mailed an application.
- An individual is eligible if they currently receive the EDCD, Day Support or Technology Assisted Waivers.
- 1000 families will be funded each year, up to $3,000 will be available per person per year.
- Respite, transportation services, behavioral consultation, and behavior management.
- Assistive technology and home modifications, goods or products that directly support the individual.
- Temporary rental assistance or deposits.
- Fees for summer camp and other recreation service.
- Temporary assistance with utilities or deposits.
- Dental or medical expenses of the individual.
- Family education, information, and training.