The Arc of Virginia 2016 State Convention
August 8-10 at Colonial Williamsburg
Register now for State Convention!
Online Reservations: Rooms from $135 ($159 for doubles). Book early because we have sold out of rooms the past two years. Click here for the booking website.
Phone Reservations: Call toll-free 800-261-9530 to make reservations. Mention Booking ID 39948 when calling. The conference reservations office is open Monday-Friday, 8:30-5:00.
The agenda includes sessions focused on:
- Early Intervention & Children’s Services: Overview; NICU to EI Transitions; EI to Pre-K Transitions; Crisis; IEPs; Inclusion; Supporting Siblings; Fostering Friendships; Inclusive Recreation
- Educator’s (parents and advocates welcome): Families, Students & Teachers as Partners in the IEP Process; The Inclusive Classroom; Legal Updates; Best Practices, Supports & Resources for Teachers; Transitions to Adulthood & Employment
- Waiver Redesign: Overview, New Services & Changes; Consumer-Directed Services; Managed Care; ABLE Act; Navigating the Service System; The SIS & Role in I/DD Waiver; Housing; Transportation; Residential
- Grassroots Advocacy: Updates on Key Policy Issues; Self-Advocacy; How to Meet with Legislators; Public Policy Panel
- General Information: Financial Literacy; Futures Planning
- Employers & Employment: Creating an Inclusive Workforce; Self-Employment; Job Hunting & Self-Advocacy in the Workplace
- Chapters of The Arc: Board Development; Fundraising; HR; Controlling Risk; Measuring Impact; Membership Engagement
- For Fun: Tours of Colonial Williamsburg (extra costs); Jeopardy; Family Feud; Yoga
- & More to come
We may be offering child care with activities at an extra cost – stay tuned for details.